Why is my PayPal subscription denied?
Sometimes a subscription payment will be rejected by PayPal. This could be due to a number of reasons:
- Your card issuer is having technical problems that prevent authorization of a transaction.
- The card issuer sees a charge that doesn’t fit your normal spending patterns and blocks the transaction to protect you.
- You’ve inadvertently exceeded the limit on your card.
If you know that your credit card is valid but your payment doesn’t go through, you might want to:
- Contact your credit card issuer directly. Ask why your card was declined, and whether you can still use it. If you can still use your card, please try your subscription payment again.
- You could pay securely online using your bank account. You can link your bank account to your PayPal account in just a few minutes. We never see your financial or other personal information when you make a payment.
- Link a different credit card to your PayPal account.