About material inventory adjustments
A Material Inventory Adjustment is created whenever the stock level is changed for a Material.
Inventory Adjustments are automatically added based on events that trigger changes in your stock level such as Expenses and Manufactures.
You can also add your own inventory adjustments – this is the recommended way to track breakages and loss. Note: Stock should not be increased using inventory adjustments as it will be costed as zero.
A starting inventory adjustment can also be added to account for any stock "brought forward" from a previous system into Craftybase. For more information on how to approach your initial stock backdating, please see our article here: How to initially backdate your stock in Craftybase.
It's important to review the adjustment history for your materials often to identify any entries that need correcting.
Viewing the adjustment history for a material
To view a list of all adjustments (both automatically created and manually created) for a material:
- From the Material list page, click on the name of the material
- On the page that appears, click the Adjustments tab
Viewing the adjustment history for all materials
All inventory adjustments for materials can be found on your Material Adjustments page. On this page, you can view, paginate and export your adjustments for further analysis.
To find your material adjustments page:
1. Hover on the ... menu option in the top navigation bar
2. Click on the Adjustments option in the menu that appears.
Starting adjustments are made to account for the stock on hand of each material you had on your account start date.
There are two ways you can enter a starting adjustment for a material:
The first is to enter this adjustment as you are adding a new material, paying close attention to the Starting Adjustment section as shown below:
The information you provide in this section will be used to automatically create your starting adjustment for the material.
The second way to enter a starting adjustment is to edit an existing material by following these steps:
1. Navigate to your Materials list page and select the material to add the starting adjustment for.
2. Select the Adjustments tab
3. Scroll to the bottom of the last page, find the "Starting" adjustment and click the pencil icon
4. Enter the data in the fields within the form, making sure to enter a unit price.
5. Click Save Inventory Adjustment