CSV import troubleshooting
How to troubleshoot issues with your CSV spreadsheet import file
Having trouble with your CSV file not importing correctly? Here are a few things you can try yourself!
1. Check that your spreadsheet has been saved in CSV format (How do I convert my spreadsheet to CSV?).
2. Your first line of your CSV should always contain the headers for each column so that the importer can read them. If you have a table name row, you'll want to remove this and save as CSV format once again.
3. Make sure that your file has a maximum of 10,000 rows. If you need to import more rows than this, consider splitting your file up into several CSVs and importing them separately.
4. Check that each row contains data in the correct format as per the instructions for the particular importer you are using:
- How do I add products in bulk?
- How do I add materials in bulk?
- How do I add expenses in bulk?
- How can I update my products in bulk?
- How can I update my variations in bulk?
- How can I update my materials in bulk?
For all importers, ensure that all pricing and costs are represented as numbers only (i.e., no currency symbols) and that all required fields have data (i.e., are not left blank).
If still no luck finding the cause of the issue, please get in touch with us at support and we can help you troubleshoot further!