Learn how to merge together similar variations
Variations can be moved together by merging together variation attributes and/or variation values. Once the attribute or value is merged, all variations are then automatically merged to move them into the new structure.
Merging together individual variation attributes
To merge two Variation Attributes together (e.g. Colour & Color):
1. Select your product by navigating to your product details page
2. Click on the Variations tab
3. Click the Manage Attributes button in the top right hand corner of the page
4. Click on the name of the Attribute you wish to merge out (this is the one that will be removed)
5. On the Attribute detail page, click the Merge With... button in the top right hand corner of the screen
6. On the page that appears, select the Attribute you wish to merge into (this will be the one that is kept)
7. Click the Yes, Merge button to confirm the merge.
Merging together individual attribute values
To merge two Variation Attribute Values together:
1. Go to your product's Variation Attribute page ( How do I find the Variation Attributes page for a product?)
2. On the page that appears, select the attribute value you wish to merge out (this will be the one you are removing)
3. On the page that appears, Click the Merge With… button
4. On the page that appears, select the Attribute Value you wish to merge into (this will be the one that is kept)
5. Click the Yes, Merge button to confirm the merge.