About Auto Manufacturing
Learn how to automate your workflows using our automanufacture feature
In this article:
- What is auto manufacturing?
- How does auto manufacturing work?
- Configuring all products to auto manufacture
- Configuring specific products to auto manufacture
- Configuring specific variations to auto manufacture
- Auto manufacturing components
What is auto manufacturing?
The Automanufacture feature allows you to automate the creation of your manufactures, based on the orders you receive. It is useful for situations where products:
1. Are not created in advance as a batch and
2. Contain materials that do not change between manufactures.
Automanufacturing is available in our INDIE+ plans.
A simple example to illustrate auto-manufacturing would be a charm bracelet where the customer can select their desired charm from a list of available options. Since the finished product is only created when the order is received, and only involves a relatively insignificant configuration time, then this would be an ideal candidate for auto manufacturing.
How does automanufacturing work?
Automanufacturing can be configured either at the account, product, or variation level.
The automanufacturing flow can also be used for the automatic creation of components when a product is sold.
Automanufacturing will only occur for a product / variation ordered if:
- It is switched on (via the account, parent product or variation)
- There is a recipe in place for the product ordered (for variations, the recipe needs to exist at either the variation level or the parent product level)
If these conditions are met, a manufacture will be created for the quantity ordered, using the same date as the order. This manufacture will be created regardless of the product or variations currently available stock levels.
Note: If the order eligible for automanufacturing is later cancelled, the generated manufacture will need to be manually deleted as it will not be removed automatically.
Auto manufacturing components
Components can be set to automanufacture themselves when included in a product manufacture. This is particularly useful for bundling and kitting situations.
This can be configured either on any recipe that includes the component or alternatively on each manufacture that consumes the component.
Directly underneath the material on the recipe form, a small wizard wand icon will appear with a checkbox. Check the box if you would like each manufacture to automatically set the component to auto-manufacture.
Configuring all products to automanufacture
Automanufacturing can be switched on with a single setting if you wish to use this across all of your products:
- Navigate to your Account Settings page ( How do I find my Account Settings page?)
- On the form that appears, check the Auto Manufacture from Orders checkbox.
- Click the Save Details button to save the changes to your account.
Configuring specific products to automanufacture
If you only want to use the automanufacture feature for specific products:
1. Navigate to your product edit page ( How do I edit a Product?)
2. On the form that appears under the Sale Information heading, ensure that the Auto Manufacture checkbox is ticked.
Note: The checkbox will be disabled and already ticked if you have already turned on Automanufactures for your account. In this case, you will need to set this to unchecked, then return to the product edit pages you wish to configure.
3. Click the Save Product button to save the changes.
Configuring specific variations to automanufacture
If you only want to use the automanufacture feature for specific variations under a product:
- Navigate to your variation's edit page
- On the form that appears, ensure that the Auto Manufacture checkbox is ticked.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the form.
Note: The checkbox will be disabled and already ticked if you have already configured automanufacturing at the account level or the parent product level. Ensure you switch off both account and product level automanufacturing settings and then return to the variation edit page to configure.