How can I merge products together?
Products can be merged together to provide a unified view. This is particularly useful for situations where you sell the same product on two different sales channels.
It is not recommended to merge together products that you don't consider to be the same product. Doing this will affect your costings and inventory level tracking as inventory history will be affected. If you wish to remove products you no longer make, it is strongly recommended that you archive rather than merge to ensure your references and costings are stored correctly.
To merge together two products:
1. Navigate to your product page ( How do I find my product page?) for the one you wish to merge out (this is the one that will be removed).
2. Hover your mouse over the ⋮ menu to the left of the name of the product
3. Select the Merge with… button in the options that appear
3. On the merge page, select the project you wish to merge into (this will be the one that is kept)
4. Click the Yes, Merge Project button to confirm the change (this may take a couple of minutes to complete depending on the number of expenses and orders involved in the merge).
Tip: The Merge with... option can also be found in the product options on your product list page.
If this product is linked to an external sales channel, your listings will also be moved to the new product so that any sales or fees you import from this point will now be associated automatically with the new product.
Merging product will move across all expenses, manufactures and orders attached to the merged out product. Recipes will not be moved need to be created manually after the merge (if need be).
When orders from the merged out product are moved over to the new product, the order line items will become linked to the new product and therefore display the new name within any previous orders.
If your merged out product has a recipe, a message will appear on the confirm merge page to indicate this. If you continue with the merge and leave the recipe in place, the merged out product will not be deleted and will instead be archived for future reference.
Adjustments made on the merged out product will be moved to the new product, however any Starting Adjustments will be ignored and will not be added to the new product - any changes to starting adjustments will need to be made manually after the merge is completed.