How do I enter a starting adjustment for a material?
For considerations on how to handle the initial backdating of your product and material stock, please see our Inventory Bootcamp eBook
There are two ways you can enter a Material Starting Adjustment:
The first is to enter this adjustment as you are adding a new material, paying close attention to the Starting Adjustment section as shown below:
The information you provide in this section will be used to automatically create your starting adjustment for the material.
The second way to enter a starting adjustment is to edit an existing material by following these steps:
1. Navigate to your Materials list page and select the material to add the starting adjustment for.
2. Select the Adjustments tab
3. Scroll to the bottom of the last page, find the "Starting" adjustment and click the pencil icon
4. Enter the data in the fields within the form, making sure to enter a unit price.
5. Click Save Inventory Adjustment