How can I resize my images?
Craftybase has a maximum image upload size of 6MB, if you have images that you need to upload over this size you will need to resize or optimise them before uploading.
These options are good if you don’t have a graphics editor installed on your own machine as they are online and free to use:
If you have Picasa installed on your machine:
- Open Google Picasa and browse to the image location and double-click the image you wish to resize.
- Once the image has been opened click the Export button on the bottom of the window.
- In the Export to Folder window decrease the size by dragging the Resize to: bar to the left.
- Open the image in The GIMP.
- Click Image at the top of the image tool bar.
- Click Scale Image
- In the Image size specify the dimensions you wish to use and then click the Scale button.
Adobe Photoshop users
- Open the image in Adobe Photoshop.
- Click Image
- Click Image size
- Specify the size of the image you wish to have. It’s often easier for most users to specify the size using pixels as the measurement.
Microsoft Paint users can use the Stretch/Skew option under the Image drop-down menu; however, this option often degrades the overall quality of the image. We suggest users use one of the above programs or solutions for resizing their images instead.